My name is Michael, otherwise known as Alkaline Thunder. I am an aspiring game developer responsible for the existence of things like ShiftOS-Next and Cynical Hamlet. One of them, I’m not proud of, but… Oh well. It exists. Either way, this is my humble website and portfolio.
- The Playhouse Has Been Re-Opened.Hey there everyone! I just wanted to make this really quick post to let everyone know that Alkaline's Playhouse, my Discord server, has been re-opened. Unlike last time I'm going to try to keep it somewhat between total anarchy and the Bit Phoenix Software server of yesteryear. So, not total anarchy, but no beaurocracy either. … Read more
- The LocoRoco Saga: Part 2Last week, I wrote an article about what I'd imagine LocoRoco to be like if it were written for Android. Then I wrote about how you could theoretically use the PPSSPP emulator and some plugins to at least partially create the experience. Then I looked into it, and here's what I found. PPSSPP supports some … Read more
- If LocoRoco Ran on AndroidHey there. Does anyone remember that old game for the PSP called LocoRoco? You know, the one with the really bright and cheery colors and cute innocent blobs where you have to tilt and shake the world to help your LocoRoco collect fruit, navigate a 2D world, and defeat the evil Moja? Have you ever … Read more
- The Future of Bit Phoenix SoftwareAs some of you reading this may know, I'm the person behind a very small and little-known gamedev group that I call Bit Phoenix Software. If you're really old, you may know it as Watercolor Games. Or maybe you were around when I was still developing ShiftOS. Nonetheless, the point is that I run a … Read more
- WTF’s with that domain name?So I guess this is my first post on this site. I guess it's only fitting that, given I've sort of already introduced myself on the homepage, that I may as well explain the domain name I chose to use. One would think it'd be a better idea to use GitHub Pages (and thus ".github.io") … Read more